Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hot Products and Kayak D-Day

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you're sure to know that when I like a product, I blather about it incessantly until you're tired of hearing about it. I did this with the Teva's...the William Joseph Stripping Basket...and the always popular Kelty Kestrel bag. Brown Lures also comes to mind as a product that I like.

I'm sure it'll be the same with Malibu Kayaks

As you know, I'll be picking up my kayak tomorrow, (which is a Malibu Stealth 12) making 3/25/2010 essentially Kayak D-Day. Can you tell that I'm excited about it? Can ya? Really?

Now...lets get something straight here. I don't work for Malibu. I'm just passing along the info to you if you're interested in getting a kayak for fishing...which is what Malibu Kayaks are made for...fishing and diving.

I looked at a lot of other fishing kayaks, all of them cost less than the Stealth. There are some nice boats, but the Stealth 12 had all of the features that I was looking for, like a center/close at hand livewell storage bin, large gator hatch, lots of storage space to be able to take it kayak camping, rod holders and the whole bit. Being 33 inches wide offers quite a bit of stability without being so wide that you can't get anywhere in it.

As you know, I embrace simplicity when it comes to gear. The only things I need to add to it would be a crate and a few fly rod holders. There are extra things that you can attach to it...pretty much everything under the sun.... such as a sail, poling platform, outriggers, dashboard mounts for electronics and rudder foot pedals. I don't need any of that stuff, but it's nice to be able to have those options.

Having a kayak gives me the freedom to fish just about anywhere, and I can launch it from just about anywhere as well. Can also fit my camping gear into it....

No comments:

Post a Comment