Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Inane Randomness

Hitting the Northern part of Tampa Bay in the yak today. Bing Maps has revealed a few nice spots that I think are worth checking out. Mom is tagging along too, but not in the kayak.

My good buddy and fellow blogger Mrs Oh To Be Was kind enough to give me 2 kayak paddles that she didn't need anymore (apparently, they sold the canoe that couldn't stay upright)I'm happy to have them and she can be assured that they'll get plenty of use. Now I have an extra paddle in case I decide to drive off without it again. Here is me right after the canoe sinking incident with the most underfed raccoon in the world.

Rebecca at Outdooress has gone over to the dark side of fishing; bass fishing. I'm happy about this. Being introduced to "other" fishing is great for a world class angler like her. Nothing like getting out of your comfort zone....I can only hope that she doesn't buy a "NASCAR Boat" and start donning all of the sponsor related gear.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they worked for ya! I know I would never hear the end of it if you got swept out to sea due to my defunct paddles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back down that way soon for some action! Is the Redfish bite still on? I know the Tarpon are in heavy around Boca from the news I got last week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redfish are hit and miss. Everytime I locate some, they seem to bail and get spooky, keeping just out of casting range....tarpon have been sighted around the Skyway and Fort Desoto from what I've heard.

    ReplyDelete