Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Memorial Day Means Start Of Summer


...or at least it means the start of summer to me. Cookouts with the family, cold sweet tea, Mexican style beer, 4:00 thunderstorms, camping trips to the springs, Rays and Threshers baseball, ice cream on sale and sleeveless skull shirts just to mention a few summer things that I love....

But it also means tarpon, snook on the beach, more daylight to allow for fishing after work, snook in the lights at night and tailing reds early in the morning.

This weekend, the fam and I will be doing our cookout shindig Saturday at the always illustrious Philippe Park in Safety Harbor. Yes, I'll be spending the day searching the flats of Old Tampa Bay for reds....again....and Monday, will be plying the flats at Belleair Causeway. The Bay has been a bust the last few weeks, so I'm getting back to the Gulf.

I'm also formulating a few plans to go out with the yak after work if the weather and tides permit...

No comments:

Post a Comment