Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Carlisle Day Tripper Paddle



The Carlisle Day Tripper kayak paddle is a fairly basic paddle in the world of kayak paddles. It's the most used paddle in rental fleets the world over, and most used by beginning kayakers.

I find it to be a good solid paddle all around and it works equally well if I'm "digging" (trying to go fast) or just lazily cruising along. It doesn't weigh a ton, but isn't made out of carbon fiber either. The adjustable, 2 piece paddle also can be allowed to be feathered up to 60 degrees if need be.

The fact that rental fleets use this paddle is a plus in my opinion....it means it will hold up to just about any beating I can put on it. It's an affordable yet rugged option if you're in the market for a kayak paddle.

1 comment:

  1. I bought the same paddle and echo your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete