Thursday, November 19, 2009

Any Takers for Florida Keys Trip?


Ok...I have this crazy idea.

As was mentioned a few posts back, Julie and I booked a trip to Long Key State Park in the Florida Keys for April 11th-16th 2010. This is prime time for bonefish in the Keys and quite possibly one of the best bonefish flats in the US. Plus the campsites are right on the water and literally steps away from your tent door....plus, it's probably the most inexpensive place to stay in the Keys, as it were, if that interests you. You can camp there for the entire 6 days for under $200.00.

Anyway, back to my crazy idea.

I think it would be cool to get folks together and do this on an annual basis. Bonefishing in the Keys with my favorite bloggers and readers....

If anyone is interested is going, book your campsite now....they go fast and the best time to book a trip there is as far in advance as you can. If you need us to, we can pick you up at Key West Airport.

We'll be in campsite 2. Let me know if you're going to be there.

4 comments:

  1. I camped out once Key West (campsite was on Bahia Honda) for spring break back in college, but fishing was not high on the priority list at the time. I know I can't do it at that time but I'm sure it will be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Bahia Honda is good too, but the bonefish are way more cooperative at Long Key for some reason.

    Yeah...it'll be awesome! Check that place out sometime when you're down there.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, looks like I am going to make it - hope to meet you guys,

    ReplyDelete