Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fly Tying

Since I haven't covered fly tying for a long time (as pointed out by McFluffchucker and Ken), I'd like to share a few of my favorite fly tying video sites....this is where I learned the art of fly tying....although I'm sure YOU wouldn't call it art.

Captain Pat Damico is one of the best at teaching the art of fly tying to newbies and I urge you to watch him on Fishbuzz TV If you dig around, there are some other awesome videos there, like the Howard Films Location X vids and In Search Of Rising Tide.

Another one of my favorites is Captain Matt Wirt Watching his videos made me look into my flybox and decide that I could tie flies too. He makes it easy for the viewer and I like his versions of The Seaducer and other classic flies there.

No comments:

Post a Comment